The Makita 4Ah battery has a 35% increase in capacity over the 3Ah batteries. A larger capacity of the battery, the longer it takes to charge. Typically 4Ah li-ion batteries can take around 60 minutes to fully charge, with some manufacturers claiming that the battery will be 70% charged in 30 minutes or thereabouts. Many 4Ah batteries system require as much as 70 minutes to fully charge while the Makita will fully charge the new 4Ah batteries in only 36 minutes.
The Makita 4Ah battery packs will be backwards compatible, working in over 100 of their cordless power tools. The Makita 4Ah are compatible with ALL 18V Lithium-ion with the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Receiver.
- 4.0 Ah battery offers 33% increased run time versus 3.0 Ah batteries with no added weight or bulk
- Battery Protection System provides Over-Discharge, Temperature and Current Protection for enhanced performance, battery cycle life and overall battery life
- Li-Ion Batteries offer extended run time versus Ni-Cad and Ni-MH batteries
- Li-Ion Batteries offer more cycles over the life of the battery versus Ni-Cad and Ni-MH batteries
- Optimum Charging System utilizes 3 Active Controls (Current, Voltage & Temperature) to maximize battery life
- Built-In Memory Chip communicates with Charger CPU to optimize the charging process based on the unique conditions of each battery
- Twin Pack 2 Batteries per pack