- Li-Ion Batteries offer extended run time versus Ni-Cad and Ni-MH batteries
- Li-Ion Batteries offer more cycles over the life of the battery versus Ni-Cad and Ni-MH batteries
- Optimum Charging System utilizes 3 Active Controls (Current, Voltage & Temperature) to maximize battery life
- Built-In Memory Chip communicates with Charger CPU to optimize the charging process based on the unique conditions of each battery.
- Sixteen firm holding contact terminals reduce the risk of power loss/fluctuation
- Model # BL1830-2
- One-year limited warranty
Cell Type: Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Charging Time: 22 minutes with DC18RA Rapid Charger
Makita`s LXT Lithium-Ion series of batteries boasts more power, weight less, and offer extended run time versus Ni-Cad and Ni-MH batteries. The 18V Li-Ion Battery Platform from Makita offers built in features that include a shock absorber to protect the battery and a memory chip that communicates with the charger to maximize battery life.The Makita Optimum Charging System utilizes 3 Active Controls (Current, Voltage & Temperature) to maximize battery life. This lithium-ion battery has a five times lower self-discharge and is ready for use, even after long periods of storage. This battery comes with a 1-year limited warranty.