Klein Tools' VDV Commander Test Kit is a full-featured voice/data/video cable tester. It locates, tests and measures coax, data and telephone cables to ensure fast and accurate installations. In addition, the Commander detects Power over Ethernet (PoE) and can store and output test results for easy report management.
- Locate, test and measure coaxial, data (RJ45) and telephone (RJ11) cables.
- Identify wiring faults including miswire, open, short, split-pair, reverse-pair and verify shielding.
- Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet (PoE).
- Measure cable length and distance to a fault with Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology.
- Measure paired-conductor cables up to 1,500 ft. (457 m) with accuracy of up to ±(5% and 1 ft./0.3 m).
- Single-end cable testing or complete two-end cable testing with Test-n-Map ID Remotes.
- Perform active network (Ethernet) testing -- detect capabilities and connection speeds
- Locate and identify cables with location ID remotes, Test-n-Map ID remotes, Link Light and Tone Generator.
- Test and identify location in one step (two-end testing) with Test-n-Map ID remotes (RJ45 and RJ12 ports) - supports up to 8 remotes.
- Multiple style (4 cadences) tone generator capable of sending a tone on a single conductor, a conductor pair or over all conductors. Requires an analog tone tracing probe such as the PROBEplus Tone Tracing Probe (VDV500-060) - Sold separately.
- Visually identify a hub or switch and locate cable runs with Link Light
- Save up to 256 cable or network tests, export and print reports
- Download brochure for more details and kit contents
Test-n-Map ID Remotes: Includes 1 remote
RJ45 LanMap ID Remotes: Includes 5 remotes
F-Connector CoaxMap ID Remotes: Includes 5 remotes
Included Accessories: Carrying case, remotes and test cables
Batteries: Includes six AA alkaline batteries