- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment-free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16 dimensional lumber at 90-degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Adjustable stainless steel mitre detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity, ensures accuracy
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75-percent of dust generated
Precise Cutting Without Recalibration
The DWS780 mitre saw features extremely solid construction and the new XPS cross-cut alignment system that features an improved ultra-bright LED light, which casts a laser-like shadow on the work surface and shows the user precisely where the blade will come in contact with the material. This unique alignment system requires no recalibration over time or after changing blades, which makes it more accurate and durable than traditional laser guides.
The DWS780 mitre saw’s rugged guards; precision-machined castings, fences, and bevel system; and tough stainless steel mitre detent plate are designed to withstand the constant rigors of the job site.
The saw features a powerful 15-amp motor that delivers 3,800 RPM. For convenience, the power cord is routed through the rail in the back, eliminating interference with the slide. Additionally, the saw offers an industry-leading combination of cut capacities, which includes 6-3/4-inch vertical capacity, 7-1/2-inch nested crown capacity, 13-7/8-inch horizontal capacity, and exclusive back fence design that cuts up to a 2x16 at a 90-degree angle and 2x12 at a 45-degree angle. To simplify and maximize vertical cutting capacity, the unit includes a rail lock latch for holding the head away from the fence.
The dual bevel system is easy to see and use in job site conditions thanks to its high-visibility scale and easy angle adjustment. Bevel from zero to 49 degrees with positive stops at 0 degrees, 22.5 degrees, 33.9 degrees, 45 degrees, and 49 degrees in both right and left directions. The saw also mitres 60 degrees to the right and 50 degrees to the left and features an adjustable mitre detent plate with 10 positive stops. A cam lock mitre button allows the user to lock angles between detents. A mitre detent override is also used to allow precise angle adjustment without falling into detents.
What's in the Box
- One DEWALT DWS780 12-inch double bevel sliding compound mitre saw
- One carbide blade
- One blade wrench
- One dust bag
- One vertical material clamp.